Monday, January 22, 2018

Electric Toy Car Breakdown








I purchased a few of these toy cars from Ebay for about $1.50 shipped from China. They went by the name 'The Smallest Car in the World'. They were simply a small solar cell connected directly to a micro pager motor. I figured a small solar panel, micro pager motor with gear reduction and a little toy chassis was worth a buck and a half. Also I could turn these into its own unique bot.





The solar cell puts out about .7V at 100mA in full sunlight, so to make use of these mini cells we would have to wire at least 3 in series for most BEAM applications. The pager motor measures 6mm in diameter, 14.5mm in total length including the plastic gear. The car itself measures 31mm from bumper to bumper. The wheels are connected to the axles directly with no independent motion. To give this car any light seeking ability we will have to get each wheel to spin independently.

Once I complete my Solar powered walker, tackling this little speedster will be my next project. Perhaps I will look into using surface mount components.



1 comment:

  1. kids electric cars I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Carbot Lite

Carbot Lite was built on commission with the idea of being a smaller carbot than my other versions. This version has only two suction cu...