Thursday, January 11, 2018

Syko


Syko is a Bicore based light tracking head based on Wilf Rigter's Solar Powered Smart Head circuit V1. Sadly, I could never get him to function properly. He was relegated to the parts bin and scrapped for a separate project years later. His motor is a Copal 60 RPM gear motor. Connected to the shaft you will see a motor clamp repurposed from a screw terminal block. They are 3mm in diameter, made of brass, and have two screws to keep the motor shafts secure and in place. Connecting things to motor shafts is tricky, and these little clamps are a godsend. I haven't used the ones from Solarbotics, but the ones I purchaed on amazon here worked just fine for me.

ITP Fab - Motor Mounts from Jeff Feddersen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carbot Lite

Carbot Lite was built on commission with the idea of being a smaller carbot than my other versions. This version has only two suction cu...