Thursday, January 11, 2018

Bit: Fred Photopopper



Bit is the first BEAM robot I ever built. He is a Fred Photopopper. I used Ray's Tutorial to free-form it. Free form means to omit the use of circuit boards or PCBs. I used pencil erasers as wheels, which the motors barely had enough torque to turn. This bot may have benefit from a smaller wheel diameter, pearhaps heat shrink wheels. I have always lagged behind in the Mechanics part of BEAM robotics. Bit is powered by a Panasonic sunceram solar panel. These cells were discontinued about 8 years ago and replaced by Solarbotics with their own brand of panels; slightly more efficient but heavier due to the epoxy coating.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Carbot Lite

Carbot Lite was built on commission with the idea of being a smaller carbot than my other versions. This version has only two suction cu...